Do you want to grow your business on social media?
Social media is playing an essential role in the growth of businesses. In simple words, social media optimization grows the brand’s awareness through various social media platforms.
SMO helps the companies to aware people about new products, connect with the existing and new customers, and maximizing your ROI. You can reach out to your broader target audiences all at once. It also helps in optimizing your profile on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
Moreover, you can also use RSS feeds, bookmarking sites, social news, and blogging websites to reach out to your customers. If you are an E-Commerce website owner, then SMO is quite useful for online. According to Statista, there will be nearly 3.1 billion social media users by the year 2021.
Let us now see some of its essential strategies. These strategies will push your online business to grow.
7 Vital Strategies for Social Media Optimization
Most of the companies rely on SEO and ignore other digital marketing aspects. If you want the overall development of your business, then SEO and SMO must go hand-in-hand. Let us now dig in more depth into these seven significant social media strategies.
1. Keyword Research
To achieve success for your online business and its growth, it becomes necessary to carry out keyword research and analysis. Keywords are words or phrases that are used by customers to find particular products or services.
Moreover, the keywords also work as a significant factor to rate your website or blog posts on Google. Keyword Research also becomes essential because it helps you to reach the right audiences.
It is quite essential to search for the keywords used by your immediate audiences. With this, you can track or analyze the requirements of your online community. It includes:
- Identifying the right keywords that go well with your products and services.
- Search out for trending topics and related keywords on various social media platforms.
- It is necessary to think from the user’s perspective and then carry out full-fledged keyword research.
- Discover the relevant keywords that will put your website content on the first page of search engine. You must make sure that it also entices your users.
- Under social media marketing strategies, it becomes mandatory to analyze the frequency of searches.
- You can even use a few budgeted or free social media marketing tools available online. These tools will help you to trend on various social media platforms.
2. Social Media Profile Optimization
After creating your profile on social media and putting relevant details, it becomes easier to optimize it. If you do not have an authorized website associated, then also Google search engine will display your social media profile.
Social media optimization helps your profile to work as a landing page for your business. Statista report states 91% of the companies will use social media marketing in the year 2019.
Therefore, this vast number of competitive statistics makes it mandatory to optimize your social media profile. You can optimize your profile in the following ways:
- It is necessary to use an attractive logo that works as a brand identity for your business. A professional logo will help customers to find you in a better way.
- The businesses must use their company’s name. This works in a significant way as it becomes easier for your consumers to track your profile.
- Do mention your company’s bio or its link on your social media profile page. This will help in pushing traffic to your website too. It is advisable to use relevant keywords in your company’s bio.
- The completion of your profile 100% will pave the way for SMO too. The use of high quality and optimized images and videos will also attract much traffic to your profile.
3. Integrate Social Media on Your Website
Social media is an essential source for increasing your brand awareness and selling your products. If social media is leveraged correctly with your business website, then it can potentially help in business growth.
According to a study, nearly 63% of the customers follow various brands on different social media platforms. It means your social media strategies must go hand-in-hand with your on-site sales.
Another research shows that 86% of the customers will read online reviews before making purchases. Therefore, you have to leverage and integrate your social media profiles with your business website. Here’s how you can do:
- You can feature your social media feeds on your website’s home page. One can include high-quality videos or images that can attract customers at once.
- Make your followers work easier by providing social media buttons on your website. This will help them directly go and subscribe to your brand notifications.
- Hashtags are an ideal way to make your brand look unique from other companies. You need to keep it short and attractive. They can also be used on your different social media platforms.
- You can even put up social proof on your website. Like, a Facebook ‘Like Box’ that will display your social media following and followers who trust your brand.
4. Content Optimization
For effective social media marketing strategies, the content plays a vital role in the promotion of a business. Even a survey states, nearly 42% of the B2B marketers believe in the effectiveness of content marketing.
It is necessary to make your content related to your immediate audiences that proves beneficial to solve their concerns. Below are a few significant pointers to help you optimize your content.
- Create your content wisely by choosing the trending topics on social media that entice your users.
- Make your content likable and shareable by adding infographics, videos, and presentable images. You can even use statistics from your blogs in the infographics to maximize your ROI.
- Do a little bit of research on the timings that will be suitable to post your social media posts. It can be in the morning hours or the evening hours. You must post it when your maximum audiences are online on social media.
- Another important thing is to put your brand personality into your write-ups. Whether it is for your products or just an informative piece, connecting with your customers on a social level is essential.
5. Use Images and Hashtags
The use of images helps in optimizing social media content as people are less prone to reading the text-based write-ups. According to a report, 91% of the readers prefer visual content over traditional writings.
Moreover, the content or products with real images are more likely to get users attention. It is necessary to use quality images that are relevant to your brand. The consumers tend to remember the messages having related images.
Along with images, hashtags are also gaining momentum not only on Instagram but also on other social media platforms. You can also use them on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc. You must use minimum hashtags for better engagement of your posts.
Moreover, you can always use online tools like Hashtagify, Ritetag, and Twitonomy. These tools will help to build a seamless hashtag policy under your social media strategies.
6. Posting Schedule Optimization
It is not easy to schedule the posting time for social media posts. The reason being, if your target customers are present across the globe, then the timelines differ. You need to plan a concrete post scheduling strategy for your different social media pages.
The businesses can use the scheduling tools to make their tasks easier. Even this will support you in posting on optimal times. You can also see these pointers too:
- You can schedule your content according to the frequency of your posts. It means that how many times in a day you want to appear in your followers feeds.
- It is necessary to opt for the tailor-made schedule if you are targeting a global audience.
- The businesses can also post curated content from time to time to check out the availability of their users. You must manage your publishing activities by using an editorial calendar.
7. Build Social Media Network
It is essential to identify your target audiences before building your social media network. This will help you in knowing the preference of your immediate customers. You can take a survey about your brand and acknowledge where you stand.
You must personalize with the thoughts and ideas of your customers. It will give a boost to your social media marketing campaigns too. Other features involved are:
- To identify the preference or dislikes that is associated with your community.
- You can make groups or communities on social media platforms and hold events. It will help in bringing you, and your customers close.
- Moreover, you can share customer worthy content from your business website. Even participate in direct conversations with your customers on social media platforms.
- By giving feedback or reply on your social media posts will help you in engaging socially.
To sum up, social media is a great platform to grow your business online. The only thing the owners need to focus upon is the right tools and time. With the right social media optimization strategies, you can attract more customer base and maximize your ROI.
If you like this article you might be reading interested in reading my following articles:
Don’t forget to share this article!