Guest blogging help to improve your website SEO and domain authority. Here’re top 9 sites for guest blogging.
Guest blogging is filled with opportunities to edge your SEO and increase your influence and credibility. This is the best way to get high quality backlinks to increase your domain authority. But remember poor guest blogging will definitely backfire on you.
What is Guest Blogging in SEO?
Guest Blogging is a content marketing and SEO technique where someone writes and publishes a blog post on a third party website or blog to promote their business or brand.
Guest posting help you to reach huge audiences and grow your business online very quickly. Your website SEO depends on 100+ different factors. Without the right SEO strategy you can’t grow your website traffic. Building high quality backlinks is an effective way to improve your website SEO.
Guest Blogging Benefits
- Get more traffic
- Increase domain and search engine authority
- Build Your Online Influence
- Build your portfolio and credibility
- Improve writing skills
- Increase Your Exposure and Brand Awareness
- Grow your subscriber
- Build social media profile
Here I’ve curated list of free sites for best guest blogging to increase your website traffic. There are many sites that you could target, but I’ve only recommended some of the best ones here.
10 Free Guest Blogging Sites List
HubSpot’s Blog for marketing, sales, agency, and customer success content, which has more than 400000 subscribers and attracts over 4.5 million monthly traffic.
HubSpot has following three main blogs. Each blog has different guest posting guidelines.
HubSpot Marketing Blog
The award-winning HubSpot Marketing Blog has over 215,000 subscribers and attracts more than 2M monthly visits, and always looking for more brilliant contributors to join our ranks.
HubSpot Sales Blog
The HubSpot Sales blog is always looking for new contributors to bring fresh strategies, opinions, research, and thought leadership about the ever-changing world of sales to our readers.
HubSpot Service Blog
The HubSpot Service Blog is always looking for new contributors to bring fresh strategies, opinions, research, and thought leadership about the ever-changing world of customer service to our readers.
Guest posting guidelines:
- Be 100% original and not published anywhere else.
- Be well-written, clear, interesting, and above all, helpful.
- Provide attribution for all data or statistics cited with a hyperlink.
- Not be overly self-promotional.
- Include a one- to two-sentence author bio with a headshot.
- Include all images as separate attachments.
2. Social Media Today
At Social Media Today is the best, most up to date news and information on digital marketing, along with practical advice and knowledge, in order to help our readers to better achieve their own business goals.
- Perfect grammar and strong writing skills
- Relevant writing and blogging experience
- Works (or has worked) in social media and digital marketing
- Eager to share your best ideas and strategies with our readers
3. Social Media Examiner
Social Media Examiner is tightly focused on social media and creator content. This blog publish original articles to reveal how small and medium-size businesses and busy marketers can use social media and related 3rd party tools.
Social Media Examiner articles cover platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube, Periscope, and Snapchat; tools such as dashboard solutions, and those that track analytics or create images, etc.; and blogs.
4. Content Marketing Institutes
Content Marketing Institute is the leading global content marketing education and training organization, teaching enterprise brands how to attract and retain customers through compelling, multichannel storytelling.
This blog is a platform to give advice for content strategy, including brand content as well as B2C and B2B content marketing samples, case studies.
Guidelines for contributors:
- Craft a fresh article with relevant and practical takeaways
- Give credit
- Create an engaging introduction specific to your article
- Write just long enough to engage and enrich readers
- Avoid self-promotion in the article
- Credit third-party sources
5. Creative Blog
Creative Blog is all about making design entertaining, inspiring and accessible to as many people as possible. This blog is face of a number of different design magazines: Computer Arts, net, ImagineFX, Web Designer and 3D World. Creative blog cover a wide range of different types of design, and need passionate experts to share their knowledge and expertise.
Creative blog covers following content:
- Features exploring key issues or trends in the industry
- Tutorials that help designers solve a specific problem
- Tips articles to help creatives expand their skills
- Reviews of the hottest new kit and apps
- News about the freshest projects from agencies, designers and, artists
Creative Blog is for talented writers to join network of contributors. If you’re a great writer with a passion for all things creative (or, if you’re a graphic designer, illustrator, web designer or 3D artist who wants to share their expertise), then join Creative Bloq contributor network.
Outbrain is a well known media & publishing companies’ tech stacks empowering them to compete with the walled gardens on audience acquisition, engagement, and retention.
Guest blog cover following topics:
- Performance marketing
- Content marketing
- Native advertising
- Optimization tips
- Data and research
- B2B marketing
- B2C marketing
GetResponse blog aims to help all businesses (particularly SMBs) make sense of and use different digital marketing and productivity practices.
Guest post covers following topics:
- Social media
- Content marketing
- Email marketing
- Marketing automation
- Search engine optimization
- Omni-channel marketing
- General marketing tips for different industries
Guest post not covers following topics:
- Offline marketing like direct mail, digital signage/displays, online security – unless it relates to digital marketing
- Infographics made by other businesses
- Syndicated content
- Posts that are too technical, editorial, or vague
- Paid promos
- Content similar to past posts
GetResponse blog readers come from all walks of life all around the world, they like to create clear, compelling content. Major audience is marketers, or people familiar with the field. And this blog is a reputable library of information and insights where anyone can learn and share best practices.
8. Shout Me Loud
ShoutMeLoud is an award-winning blog with over 735+ bloggers who have contributed one or more guest posts. But before you submit a guest post at ShoutMeLoud, read these guidelines to ensure that your post gets approved.
- Over 654,000 people subscribed on various mediums
- 40,000 page views every day
- ShoutMeLoud is an award-winning blogger’s community with 978,000+ subscribers
Guest blogging covers following topics:
- WordPress plugins and tutorials
- Content marketing
- SEO tools, software, and case studies.
- Email marketing
- Running a remote team/company
- Social media marketing
- “How-to’s” and listified articles
Guidelines for guest post:
- Articles should be a minimum of 2000 words and should cover the topic in detail.
- ShoutMeLoud respects individual work and if your idea is derivative of someone else’s work, feel free to give them credit.
- Allow genuine contribution and don’t allow any backlinks or anything of that sort.
- If you copied a post from somewhere else, then you will get an instant ban and immediate removal of all your blog posts and profile from ShoutMeLoud.
Benchmark is cool stuff blog for small businesses.
Guest blog covers following topics:
- Marketing best practices
- Social media strategies
- SEO (specifically how to, what to steer clear of and broader articles on meeting the search engines’ evolving standards)
- Online tools & applications (what works best for you in your online marketing and which apps do you use in your personal life?)
- Growing your company
- Email marketing (natch)
Guidelines for Benchmark email bloggers:
- Blogs must be 400-700 words
- Blog topics should pertain to your expertise, be advice for online or small businesses, or editorials
- Guest blogs can be one-time or recurring
Take time to create your best work and share it in the right places, you have everything to gain by guest blogging. You’ll build strong relationships with other influencers in your industry.
Choose suitable sites for guest blogging and write quality content to get more traffic. Implement guest blogging as part of your SEO strategy.
If you like this article you might be interested in reading my following articles:
- Top 40 Forum Posting Site List to Rank Higher in 2020
- Best WordPress Ping List 2019: Index Your Site Faster
Don’t forget to share this article!