Why digital marketing is important for small businesses? Learn importance of digital marketing in today’s scenario.
Digital marketing is an essential investment for businesses. Whether you are running a small-scale or large-scale business, it is a necessity. However, more than 50% of the companies do not possess a digital marketing strategy or unaware of importance of digital marketing.
Nowadays, more and more people are consuming online information and products. A large group of potential customers is available online that you can attract locally. Digital marketing with the right strategy drives more sales and conversion for your business through various channels. Moreover, advanced technology and tools have also made the process easier.
Why Digital Marketing is Important 2019
A report by Statista states that by 2021, there will be more than 2.14 billion digital buyers around the world. This means online shopping will increase manifold, and online businesses need to possess robust strategies. Even your brick-and-mortar store needs to have an online presence too. Hence, importance of digital marketing in today’s scenario is significant and unavoidable.
Top 8 Reasons You Need Digital Marketing
Let us dive deep into the significant reasons.
1. Increases Your Social Media Outreach
Social media users are increasing day by day with the increased usage of social platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and much more. According to a report by Statista, social media users will increase to nearly 3.1 billion by the year 2021.
This makes social media your first choice as the business marketing channel. Moreover, the content, posts, or hashtags you use for marketing must target your audiences.
- Engaging content will drive more organic traffic to your website.
- A crisp and clear content on your social media platforms will help audiences know about products and services in detail.
- You can even post videos along with high-quality images and attract your customers.
- The right social media marketing strategy will drive more ROI and convert customers fast.
- Great content also follows with likes, shares, comments, tagging, and posting too.
The online businesses can also indulge in customer polls and other digital marketing strategies too. This will help you to understand your customer’s requirements in a better way.
2. Making Digital Content Available for the Users
The traditional way of advertising is no more in popularity nowadays. People spend most of their time on smartphones and tablets. This way, they will get abreast of the new products and services available in the market.
Moreover, the global mobile population has already reached 4 billion users by April 2019. This means companies need to produce crisp and clear digital content on a large scale. As online users are increasing, so is the number of digital content.
- The companies need to gear up to produce appealing and readable content.
- The content must focus upon significant points of your products and services.
- This digital content can be posted on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. The content posted here proves much more effective than the direct emails, billboards, PR campaigns, etc.
- The outreach of the digital content is near to billions of audiences.
3. A Boost to Small-Scale Businesses
Many small businesses rely on the traditional way of advertising initially to get more audiences. But, this only creates a burden on them as digital marketing has a vast reach compared to traditional marketing. So, small businesses must not overlook this marketing strategy and invest their time and money into it.
- They must use a digital marketing strategy for online marketing of products and services. This will help them get an insight into customer’s needs and desires.
- Digital marketing is an affordable method as compared to traditional marketing methods. As it involves SEO, SMM, PPC, etc. under one digital package. Moreover, the outreach is to billions of audiences worldwide.
- Another importance of digital marketing is that it makes your social media presence too. It will help customers to know what people are talking about your products and services.
A right digital marketing strategy for small-scale business takes it a long way. You can use attractive blog posts, infographics, HD images, and videos to make your product viewpoint clear and crisp.
4. Helps Building Your Brand
Another great importance of digital marketing in today’s scenario is that it helps in building brand reputation. It helps the businesses to study what the target audiences expect from your company.
According to a report, the customers want a speedy reply from the customer service support within less time. Nearly 82% of the users expect an immediate response from a brand. Needlessly, every customer wants the brand to get back to them within 30 minutes or in less time.
Here are a few points that will let you know why you require digital marketing for brand building:
- SEO will help you to use an exact or nearby keyword that users use to search for online products and services.
- On-time customer support will help you to resolve your audiences matter instantly.
- SMM will support you in getting wider audiences on social marketing platforms.
- Delivering the right products as promised by your brand will earn you loyal customers.
5. Tracking Your Business’s Online Performance
This is another advantage of using a digital marketing strategy. It helps you analyze your reports on an hourly, daily, or even monthly basis. The modern tools help businesses to customize the time and duration to analyze their company’s performance online.
The digital marketing tools help you to observe the geo, interest data, and demographic data of your users. To analyze your social media performance, you can use social media tools offered by various platforms like Facebook, Instagram, etc. Below are a few other tools:
- Google Analytics
- Google AdWords
- Hubspot Marketing
- Hootsuite and much more
6. Cost-Effective Approach
The only way of advertising before the digital marketing trend followed up was traditional advertising methods. They were time-consuming as well as costly too. Only big businesses were able to take these services and promote their business on a large scale.
With the rise of the digital marketing scenario, the small scale companies and even startups also got an opportunity to flourish manifold. This is the importance of digital marketing in today’s scenario that it paved the way for every kind of business undertaking. Even hiring a digital marketing agency is also a cost-effective way as they will manage online marketing.
This allows startups, small-scale, and even established businesses to work on their core competencies. It will help them drive the right amount of ROI too.
7. It Supports Creating Higher Conversion Rate
Various digital marketing tools help the companies to acknowledge the audiences who have got converted into paying customers. The digital marketers use multiple tools right from content marketing to Email marketing and mobile marketing too.
Like, a report shows that 99% of the customers check their Email every day that makes Email marketing a top-notch digital marketing tool. Below are a few more tools that help in creating higher conversion rate:
- Marketing automation
- Content marketing
- PR marketing
- Paid search marketing
- Mobile marketing
8. Connects You With Mobile Audiences
Mobile audiences are equally crucial as web audiences. Billions of smartphone and tablet users access thousands of websites on their mobile devices only. Here you recognize the importance of digital marketing for mobile marketing.
A right digital marketing strategy framed for mobile marketing will help in converting your audiences into customers. Moreover, mobile responsive websites gain many users instead of online sites that only provide a web view.
The companies must also make sure that the users get full chat support, secured payment gateway, and right description about the products and services. Even navigation throughout the website must be made more accessible by using the right keywords.
Digital marketing has a bright future since it is not only available for big business houses, but startups and small businesses are also making their way. The use of the right digital marketing tools and strategy will help your business make a good profit.
A unique digital marketing strategy is undoubtedly going to take you a long way if followed righteously. With online shoppers increasing manifold, it becomes essential for businesses to follow the right marketing approach. It will help you to survive this cut-throat competition without any hassle.
Lastly, the importance of digital marketing in India is also rapidly increasing irrespective of the business size. Determine your business objectives, do some background research, and ask right questions before hiring professional digital marketing services.
Don’t forget to share this article!