How to promote your business on Pinterest? Here’re 35 ways to market your business on Pinterest.
Pinterest is an image search platform, which functions somewhat like an online mood board. Users ‘pin’ images they like to ‘boards’. Images are uploaded by users, and can then be pinned by other users. Users are also served an algorithmic feed based on selected interests.
Pinterest was launched by Silbermann and co-founders Paul Sciarra and Evan Sharp in 2010. It was listed as of Time’s 50 best websites of the year. Pinterest marketing has become a key channel for businesses, with Pinterest for business accounts offered to companies who want to utilize the platform for these purposes.
Pinterest, the social media network that has over 175 million monthly active users is definitely not going away anytime soon.
According to Hootsuite, Pinterest statistics marketers need to know to plan and execute a successful Pinterest strategy for their brand.
- 250 million people use Pinterest every month
- 50 percent of new sign-ups in 2018 were men
- 80 percent of new sign-ups are from outside the US
- 34 percent of Americans aged 18 to 49 use Pinterest
- 75 percent increase in Pins in under two years
- 80 percent of Pinterest users are on mobile
- 85 percent of women users use Pinterest to plan “life moments”
- 98 percent of users go out and try the ideas they find on Pinterest
- 97 percent of Pinterest searches are unbranded
35 Pinterest Marketing Tips
1. Make sure your profile name and username should be your business name for maximum exposure.
2. Fill “About” section of your Pinterest profile. This will help other users to find out more about you.
3. Connect your Pinterest account with your other social media networks like Facebook and Twitter. This will help to gain more followers. This linking adds social media icons under your profile.
4. Pin lots of stuff steadily to increase your brand exposure and engagement.
5. Add your website URL in your profile.
6. Make strong network with other professionals and experts. Building network in your niche help to grow your business online. Tag other Pinterest users in your pins by using “@username” in your descriptions.
7. Like or thumbs up other users pins when you find good content.
8. Comment on other people’s pins.
9. Always write description when you pin an image.
10. Your board names get shared whenever you pin something, so write creative, interesting but short board names.
11. Pin from a variety of different sources.
12. Pin your own blog posts to promote your business on Pinterest.
13. Now you can pin videos. Youtube videos are easy to pin.
14. If your website is on WordPress then download Pinterest RSS Widget plugin. This plugin allows you to place a widget on your sidebar that fetches the most recent contents of a Pinterest user’s RSS feed and displays the corresponding thumbnail images.
15. Don’t keep your profile and boards private. Allow people to find your profile.
16. Use hashtags in your pins descriptions.
17. Shares pins in your newsletters.
18. Use call-to-pin to increase engagement of pins by 80%.
19. Follow popular boards in your niche.
20. Comments on your followers pins.
21. Build relationships with influencers.
22. Put your most popular board on top.
23. Create SEO strategy for your pins.
24. Embed pins on your blog.
25. Every blog post have pinnable image.
26. Create collaborative boards.This boards help you reach a new group of pinners and have your pins be seen by more people.
27. Pinterest account with Facebook’s timeline feature.
28. Create board that tells the story of your customer.
29. Post quality content regularly.
30. Make boards for your products and services.
31. Create “thank you” board for your existing and past customers.
32. Make your own Pinterest shop by adding prices to pins.
33. Share you personal lifestyle.
34. Create board for your company story.
35. Run a Pinterest contest to inspire, motivate and engage your readers.
Pinterest platform continues to grow and is fast becoming one of the best discovery tools for users to make a purchase. Create best SEO strategy to promote on Pinterest and grow your business online.
If you like this article you might be interested in reading my following articles:
Don’t forget to share this article!