Do you have a blog or two that was abandoned long ago? Learn how to delete a blogger blog permanently.
Blogger is a free blogging platform service by Google. Begun in 1999 by Pyra Labs, it was obtained by Google in 2003, and they updated it as the service it is today.
Blogger is a free blog facilitating administration which gives you a chance to make a blog free of expense. You additionally get a free Blogspot subdomain for your new blog. For instance, your blog’s location will resemble this: www.yourname.blogspot.com.
You can likewise associate your blog with a custom domain name. For that, you have to enroll in a domain name through domain provider service.
- Ease of Use
- Product Focus
- Google Integration
- Speed and Performance
Blogger allows you to create unlimited blogs as you’d like. You may have a blog or two that was abandoned long ago and is sitting there collecting spam comments.
Here’s complete guide on how to delete an old blog on Blogger.
How to Backup Your Blog
I recommend you to take a backup of your old blog before deleting your blog permanently. Follow the below steps to take a backup of your blog’s posts and comments on your computer.
1. Go to your Blogger.com admin page.
2. At the top left, click on the down arrow.
3. Select the name of the blog you want to backup.
4. In the left menu, click on Settings > Other.
5. Click the Backup Content button, at the Import & back up section.
6. Click on Save to your computer.
Your posts and comments will be downloaded to your computer as an XML file.
How to Delete Blogger Blog
After taking backup of your old blog, follow the below steps to delete it.
1. Log into Blogger admin page using your Google account.
2. Click the down arrow located in the top left. Select the blog you want to delete.
3. In the left menu, click on Settings > Other.
4. In the Delete Blog section, next to Remove your blog, click Delete blog button.
Click on Download Blog to export the blog before you delete it. Then click the Delete This Blog button.
After you delete a blog, it will no longer be accessible by visitors. Before 90 days you can restore your deleted blog. After 90 days it is permanently deleted.
How to Delete Blogger Blog Permanently
Your deleted blog takes 90 days to delete permanently. To permanently get rid of a deleted blog before the 90 days are up, follow the following steps. You can not use a blog URL after deleting permanently.
1. At the top left, click the down arrow.
2. Click on Deleted blogs section, in the dropdown menu.
3. Click on recently deleted blog that you want to permanently delete.
4. Click the PERMANENTLY DELETE button.
Restore a Deleted Blog
If you want to restore a deleted blog, follow the below steps.
1. At the top left of the Blogger page, click on the down arrow.
2. In the dropdown menu, in the Deleted blogs section, click the name of your recently deleted blog.
3. Click the UNDELETE button.
Your deleted blog will be restored and available again.
- Blog Post Ideas for Beginners to Increase Traffic
- How to Increase Your Blog Traffic: 12 Powerful Tips
Don’t forget to share this article!